What is VOX?
With VOX - it just sounds better! The beauty is in it's simplicity, yet behind the minimal exterior lies a powerful music player with a ton of features, support for all audio formats you should ever need.
VOX was originally developed following the principles of clarity, simplicity and versatility. Thus, the minimalistic interface incorporates both essential and unique features, which let you:
• Play numerous lossy and lossless audio formats;
• Work with different audio sources including custom Playlists, iTunes Library and online Radio & even more in the future;
• Advanced Audio Features: HOG Mode; Improved multi-output device support;
• Export playlists in various formats (PLS, M3U, XSPF);
• Keep your listening statistics up-to-date with your LastFM account by means of LastFM scrobbling;
• Automatically search for all the missing album artwork from MusicBrainz and LastFM databases;
• Open different playlist types including M3U, PLS, XSPF and the popular CUE format used to store CD rips;
• Control the player from the main interface, Dock context menu or main menu controls;
• Use keyboard media keys, headphones buttons and Apple Remote to control playback (requires VOX Preference Pane);
• Easily add music via smart drop zones, ordinary open dialog and Finder context menu;
• Use equalizer with presets & custom mode, crossfade, fade on play/pause, converting music to 5.1 or 7.1 format;
• Preview album artwork from your Dock icon;
• Convert stereophonic audio in your headphones to binaural using Bauer DSP (BS2B) technology;
• Pause playback automatically on headphones disconnection;
• Take full advantage of AirPlay (10.8+) to listen from any of your wireless output devices;
• Play audio files stored on NAS devices and other network drives;
• Gapless playback support;
• Get system or Growl playback notifications.
Equip yourself with all of the audiophile tools with VOX!