can't see the album's cover after update

luke

29 Dec, 2017 04:19 AM

update to the new vision of VOX but can't show the album's cover anymore;
you can see the cover comparison before and after update, i can't afford it;
please fix it as soon as posssible

1. 1 Posted by xosa on 29 Dec, 2017 12:12 PM

This update has removed all my artwork.

When I contacted support, Victor claims that Vox *never* showed artwork on the desktop app. It's absurd! Vox has shown the artwork for years. The proof is on the website--all the pictures of the app show the album cover artwork.

As usual, Vox support is dismal. They're either stupid, playing dumb, or don't speak English very well.

If the free version doesn't show the artwork, why should I believe that the paid version does? Especially if the devs are telling me that it never has?

2. 2 Posted by dhein on 11 Jan, 2018 10:26 PM

You could try using the "Clear artwork cache" menu option (under the edit menu). That probably won't help. But it's worth a shot.

If you double click on the placeholder graphic for the album you get the track list, but also a "hamburger" icon (a menu icon) to the right of the album title. If you right-click on that, there is a "Refresh" menu command. Try doing that Refresh and see if it makes a difference.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• vox-update.png 133 KB
  • vox.png 190 KB
  • vox.png 190 KB
  • vox.png 190 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac