Please add multi-disc support

Anil

27 Dec, 2017 01:46 AM

While I am posting this in "Vox for Mac", this also applies to the iOS App.

The problem: Vox for Mac and iOS does not provide a pleasant user experience for albums that contain multiple discs. It does not list the number of discs that are part of an album, and it also does not list the tracks based on the disc they belong to. Instead, the app simply lists the tracks consecutively with incorrect track numbers. I've encountered this problem on numerous occasions because many albums in my collection contain multiple discs. I've had to work around the issue by altering the album titles to include the disc number.

The resolution List tracks by the disc they belong to, which also informs users as to the number of discs that are part of an album. I've created a mockup of my proposed features using Balsamiq. I've also included screenshots of how the app currently works, along with screenshots of how I've worked around the issue by altering album titles to include disc information which I don't like to do, but it's the only way to keep tracks grouped by disc within the app at the present time.

By bringing disc information to the forefront, other features like "repeat disc", could be added to the app's current repeat features.

I'm a developer and UX guy so if you need further clarification or additional mockup changes, let me know. I'd be happy to help.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• vox-multidisc-mockup.png 187 KB
  • current-setup.png 127 KB
  • multidisc-workaround-01.png 99.3 KB
  • multidisc-workaround-02.png 103 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac