This is becoming a deal-breaker

Alin Matei

16 Nov, 2017 02:39 PM

Ok guys. Let me just say this. Vox is my favourite player and I bought it a long time ago. So I'm a customer, right?

You see, I've been with you for some time now. I accepted the buggy beginnings, even paying for that radio option multiple times because of some of your technical problems. I didn't mind that, I liked the player.

Today I updated and - even if I am a client and have bought some of your features (app, radio, even some months of cloud service) you seem to give back nothing. How is it possible to buy an app with EQ and audio units for example, and upgrade it to an app which is now free and without eq? :)

This is not right.

Please provide me with some feedback as to your intent to just throw away your former customers. If that is the case I'll just delete the app.

1. 1 Posted by Jos on 16 Nov, 2017 02:44 PM

Good point. Same experience here. I was thinking about how to react but this is what it's about. I also think the new pricing is a little out of range. And still no dedicated app for iPad.

2. 2 Posted by Alin on 16 Nov, 2017 03:01 PM

Agree.

I also understand that apps are now ecosystems that are supposed to grow
    inside one's OS and transform the user into a subscriber rather than a one
    time purchaser. All apps do that now and it's cohesive with quality apps
    and support. I'm okay with that. But all other apps do it through adding
    features, not removing features which are already purchased.

*Alin Matei*

Tel: +40 0745 00 77 08
    Mail: [email blocked]

3. 3 Posted by Alin on 16 Nov, 2017 03:03 PM

And yes, the price. I would be willing to pay, of course, but the price for
    one year is more expensive than Traktor Pro 2 for life.

*Alin Matei*

4. 4 Posted by anton on 16 Nov, 2017 10:40 PM

Same here....I paid for this. Now I have to pay again for features I already had? fail

5. 5 Posted by Stanislav Makar... on 17 Nov, 2017 09:44 AM

I thought I was the only one, guys,with this problems, but I'm looking, there's a whole party.
    I bought a radio for 15 bucks, I bought an app for ios for 5. I'm a CUSTOMER, right?
    Now I got an update that just does not play all my DSD files, there's no equalizer either.
    And the support service simply ignores the fact that I sent a receipt for payment as confirmation.
    Give me back my activated version 2! I do not want your updates, thanks!

6. 6 Posted by mudface on 17 Nov, 2017 07:03 PM

Same here. I've been a user for a long time, purchasing the radio feature and tweeting praises for Vox. I have never reverted an update so fast in my entire life. I hope they rethink this model very soon. Too bad.

7. 7 Posted by User on 19 Nov, 2017 09:02 AM

Same here! Old VOX user, bought radio feature and now what??? I deleted 3.0 from AppStore and just installed 2.8.30.
    Give back activated version 2 in AppStore!!!

8. 8 Posted by mio on 19 Nov, 2017 01:20 PM

Are we scammed??

9. 9 Posted by grdn.bn on 19 Nov, 2017 03:08 PM

Mio says "are we scammed"? Yes, I do believe so.

10. 10 Posted by rk19 on 19 Nov, 2017 05:19 PM

Now have very bad feeling from this program. Wont' use again.

11. 11 Posted by Anil on 19 Nov, 2017 06:44 PM

@Original Poster, have you tried the "restore purchases" feature built into the app?

Also, there is known bug with the radio that is affecting premium users and Vox is going to be releasing an updated version of the app to fix that issue. I wanted to mention this just in case the bug I experienced is related to the issue you are experiencing.

12. 12 Posted by mattski on 20 Nov, 2017 07:10 PM

Vox is now a virus. When I say Vox, you say VIRUS. Vox. VIRUS. Vox. VIRUS.

13. 13 Posted by Rot on 21 Nov, 2017 01:57 AM

VOX 3.0 bad, bad and more bad, deleting and back to version 2.8.26.
    Sorry VOX.

14. 14 Posted by kdredington on 21 Nov, 2017 02:40 AM

Wow, Just updated Vox, it rev'd to 3.0 and I lost paid for features ???

I would have gladly paid for an upgrade, but did not expect such a subscription. This will make me think do I want HD audio service subscription or just a player with cloud storage that is redundant to my current storage. I do not use the extended features and cloud storage enough to pay for a subscription.

Sorry I have to downgrade to Vox 2.8.26 and live with the few bugs I was about to report.

15. 15 Posted by Alin on 21 Nov, 2017 09:52 AM

"reverted an update"? How does that work?

*Alin Matei*

16. 16 Posted by Rich on 21 Nov, 2017 10:33 AM

Also Radio and Iphone purchaser and long time user.

Similar feelings - Vox not picking up artwork from tags for collection view but showing in mini-player and in dock after upgrading to 3.0

Immediately downgraded to 2.8.26 - All artwork back in collection view.

Also no "Upgrade to Premium" Orange nag-ware in the player and EQ for free.

Too much unneeded functionality for me and way too high a price for what I do need - mostly playing local files.

Shame but it seems like time to start looking for a new application…

17. 17 Posted by Nathanaël Havez on 21 Nov, 2017 05:47 PM

Seriously, Copporterino, what did you expect with that kind of dick move ?

18. 18 Posted by Plexus on 21 Nov, 2017 06:32 PM

"Dick move" - good description. Getting greedy there Coppertino. First, the idea of a subscription is joke. Next, the prices are a very rich punchline (pun intended)! Did you guys hire some failed digital product exec or something? I've reverted to the previous version and when that ceases to work I'll use another player, thank you very much. I apologize for my language but there is no other way to put it: Coppertino has it's head up it's ass.

19. 19 Posted by Stanislav Makar... on 22 Nov, 2017 09:28 AM

You can download the previous version (2.8.26) from here: https://vox.rocks/mac-music-player/old-versions
    I found this link quite accidentally on reddit.
    I corresponded with the support service TWO DAYS and they did not bother to give me this link! Customer support, after all. wrote that they found the root of all troubles, we must wait for the update and become silent.
    Obviously, the root of all problems is legal users :)

20. 20 Posted by Kevin Redington on 22 Nov, 2017 03:00 PM

I just got the following email subject line from VOX Premium
    “Black Friday. 50% Discount. Early Access”

I just wanted the app for files stored on the device.

21. 21 Posted by VOX 2 for AppSt... on 22 Nov, 2017 04:54 PM

Developers! Could you let us a choice which version to install from AppStore?
    Who wants to use version 3 with their paid features (nobody) they can install version 3, who want to use version 2 they can instal version 2. As developers of FlightRadar24 did! They give their users a choice!

I understand that version 2 was free, but I bought Radio feature in version 2! Let me use my paid feature in version I wanted to pay in!

22. 22 Posted by Rot on 22 Nov, 2017 06:41 PM

Hey! guys of Copperino, VOX 3.0 is a shine example of as a bad model of subscription inside apps hurt the apps and the relations with the clients. SOLUTION, give us the option over which version we want install or your can change the ridicule model of subscription implemented.

23. 23 Posted by PSko on 27 Nov, 2017 05:39 PM

VOX 3.0 with subscription to cloud/radio features I don't want to use just to have EQ enabled and some other preferences enabled? OMG, I thought that you guys were reasonable people - I even paid you to unlock Radio which I don't use (I paid just to gratify your work). I understand that you need money, but this subscription model is really bad especially when you cut off normal advanced preferences tab and EQ to move them to premium. Fine, have those subscriptions for cloud services or sth like that, but be and stay honest, leave the features that were present already. They were probably paid in some way by people buying radio option.

The last word - spamming my email box every day with premium offers won't convince me to pay like $15 a month. Are those marketing guys you have get crazy? And, $15/mo for what? Maybe the price is OK for some Norway or Iceland where a pack of cigarettes costs this kind of money, but you know ppl from all other countries think this kind of money is a robbery.

24. 24 Posted by AJ on 27 Nov, 2017 08:50 PM

Okay, fine, so I found a way to downgrade;
    But this doesn't solve my problem that I am no longer able to keep all of the applications and system software updated on my Mac using the Update All button.

Release VOX 3 as a separate application with an upfront fee.
    Re-Release the VOX 2 as the last version for the "Classic" VOX and then discontinue it if you must. That way all of us who did get your VOX apps when you promised that it was free can have this.

Do this on both macOS and iOS releases of VOX!

Still pissed.

25. 25 Posted by Night Sea on 29 Nov, 2017 06:11 PM

Yep, totally agree: Dick move!!
    Love the player for years and now al of the sudden I need to get an account to get the other features... Nah, all these changes made me go looking for another player.

Chao!

26. 26 Posted by Tighe Coney on 29 Nov, 2017 10:27 PM

Nothing but problems with the new (3.0.1) version. Have established "premium" account, but it only shows on the Vox website, not on my player. Player will not connect with cloud, nor does it work with my iTunes songs, nor does it access tracks I have uploaded to the site. No premium eq or headphone features, either. So far, practically nothing for the 60-plus dollars paid, and unless I get some one-on-one help with this we are headed for cancellation/refund.

27. 27 Posted by gokhantunc83 on 02 Dec, 2017 04:41 PM

Exactly, the same issue here. I've been using VOX for 3 years now and this last update changed everything. I mean one time purchase would be ok but what the heck is monthly payment!!!
    I'm switching to Audirvana Plus. They offer 14 days full trial. Audirvana has better sound quality and ability to stream to DLNA devices too. It upsamples lossy tracks too.

28. 28 Posted by nkarafo on 05 Dec, 2017 07:53 PM

Is there any way to disable some notifications like "Loop Music Storage" ? I have disabled notifications and still I have these alerts.
    Why on earth did you destroy this great player? Now we are pissed off. :-(

29. 29 Posted by AJ on 12 Dec, 2017 07:27 PM

Notice how we have not received a single response for this from Coppertino.

I don't expect that we ever will.

As such, I don't expect that this app will ever be updated on my devices and Mac ever again.

I used to love this company.

Am I dense or missing something here? How did they expect people to see this move as an actual good thing?

Where did they come up with this pricing?

Bait and Switching is illegal in my country.
    We should really be taking this case to Apple and forcing them to release VOX 3 as a separate product and not a forced downgrade.

30. 30 Posted by loco on 12 Dec, 2017 10:17 PM

Unfortunately, I have to agree. I only hope Vox won't go all familiar route of getting bloated with unnecessary features, but it looks like it's slowly going to, in addition to forcing users use their paid subscription model. Very discouraging!

It's not exactly fair to use community as beta-testers by offering them a free player in the beginning, which, eventually won't become free.

Andrejs

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac