This is becoming a deal-breaker

Alin Matei

16 Nov, 2017 02:39 PM

Ok guys. Let me just say this. Vox is my favourite player and I bought it a long time ago. So I'm a customer, right?

You see, I've been with you for some time now. I accepted the buggy beginnings, even paying for that radio option multiple times because of some of your technical problems. I didn't mind that, I liked the player.

Today I updated and - even if I am a client and have bought some of your features (app, radio, even some months of cloud service) you seem to give back nothing. How is it possible to buy an app with EQ and audio units for example, and upgrade it to an app which is now free and without eq? :)

This is not right.

Please provide me with some feedback as to your intent to just throw away your former customers. If that is the case I'll just delete the app.

Showing page 2 out of 2. View the first page

1. 31 Posted by dee on 16 Dec, 2017 04:59 AM

Same. Bye VOX. Sorry. I paid, loved your UI, but VLC does the job. Bye.

2. 32 Posted by IA on 17 Dec, 2017 01:42 PM

You've taken away my ability to customise the EQ unless I get a membership.. How dare you? Even the most basic FLAC players allow you to adjust EQ for free. I've been using vox for years but this is unacceptable. Deleting tonight, bye Vox.

3. 33 Posted by PJ on 18 Dec, 2017 10:32 PM

Wow, that was the fastest uninstall I remember in my recent software usage history. It's one thing to ask for (more) money for an otherwise solid app, but doing so in such a sleazy way ("Sign up for EQ", after you sign up: "Buy Premium to really use EQ") is simply not acceptable. Hope you calculated that one through -- I get the feeling I'm not the only disgruntled user and customer.

4. 34 Posted by Nikolay Oskolko... on 25 Dec, 2017 12:09 PM

Im used VOX for 4 years, and now I can't have an EQ without premium, and this box "go premium" – fuckin disgusting. Uninstall

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac