Upload from local drive completes only partially

SmittyPlaysIT

09 Aug, 2017 01:42 PM

I have a huge library, but I'm test driving Loop & Vox with just about a 1000 flac files.

The play back I have so far seen no issues with so far, even though I miss the ability to drill down into song details and lyrics. (metadata)

It's the way that the application cannot elegantly handle uploads/updates to flac song files that bother me to an extent that I really doubt that the subscription to the loop service will provide me value for the buck.

The first thing that I noticed is that even though I uploaded from a local drive, the upload seems to complete.. but failed to inform me that a great number of files did not get uploaded at all, or at least do not appear as song files in the interface under the album.

I started looking for an easy way to check how much files were uploaded.. but could not find it.

I have to go on every single album and have BeaTunes open parallel to figure out which songs were missing.

For almost every album a number of songs were missing.

I strongly believe that for a cloud music service.
The upload must work flawlessly, and at the very least inform me what failed, when it failed and why it failed.

The "watch service" also does not seem to work... even though it is set-up to watch a single flat (no sub folders) folder with 1000 files, it did not automatically upload the songs that were missing.

There's a lot of guessing of what may happen.. the fact that solid detailed documentation is not available does not build the confidence that I would need to have before even considering seriously to pay before starting to move my complete library of near 25,000 songs in the Loop cloud.
Perhaps a view that will show the source folders and cloud folders next to each other would be my preference.

Also, you need to consider to partner with a library manager that will allow folks to update all relevant meta data as they please and require. And ensure that metadata updates are automatically propagated up to the cloud version.

What also would be nice is to have a record of issues, and open bugs.. as well as version information.. new features planned for when etc.

Cheers,
Peter

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by VOX Developers on 09 Aug, 2017 02:02 PM

Hello Peter,
    Welcome to VOX support forum.
    Before we start getting into this deeper, Can you do next?
    1. Disable Watch Folder feature by deleting folders from its list.
    2. Re-login to LOOP account in VOX
    3. Drag-n-drop that folder with 1000 FLAC files in it to LOOP tab in VOX.

Looking forward to your reply!

2. VOX Developers closed this discussion on 09 Aug, 2017 02:02 PM.

3. Peter van der Smitte re-opened this discussion on 09 Aug, 2017 03:48 PM

4. 2 Posted by Peter van der S... on 09 Aug, 2017 03:48 PM

Hey Team,

Many thanks for the quick response.

Where do I find the list that the Watch Folder feature monitors / knows about.. where you instruct me to delete any folders listed?
    I looked in the preferences of the Mac App, where perhaps I would expect such a list to exist or to be referenced, but could not locate it.

Cheers,
    Peter

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by VOX Developers on 09 Aug, 2017 04:39 PM

RE: "The "watch service" also does not seem to work"
    I assumed you are using the "Watch Folder" feature. If you're not - please skip that step. Just FYI, you can find it by clicking on LOOP agent icon on your menubar -> Preferences... -> Watch

6. 4 Posted by Peter van der S... on 25 Aug, 2017 11:36 AM

Hi Team,

Apologies for the delay in response.. in that case than what I thought what was the watch folder… was something else in the Vox Preferences i’d mistaken for that (Autoload music from folder) .. I assumed that perhaps the system would know the source of the upload and continue to load any files added / missing. Brings up other question what autoload music from folder does exactly?
    I have now found the Loop preferences, I can see that loop knows about 845 tracks… but not all the 987 or so (the subset of my collection of 20,000 or so)

So indeed perhaps the upload failed without me realising it. and I now understand that there’s a Watch tab on the Loop preferences, unfortunately hitting the Add button does not do anything… so that is then perhaps another problem?

Screen captures attached.

Cheers,
    Peter

7. Support Staff 5 Posted by VOX Developers on 30 Aug, 2017 11:11 AM

Hello Peter,
    Thanks for your reply. If you double-click on any song in a folder, "Autoload music from folder" option loads all songs from that folder to the playlist. (gif attached)

There might be spinning wheel for a while after adding something to Watch folder. Just add a folder and wait for a while.

8. VOX Developers closed this discussion on 30 Aug, 2017 11:11 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac