Web upload doesn't work correctly

demas

27 Jul, 2017 09:18 AM

I have upload one album from web interface (FLAC format). All songs was placed to random albums of different artists.
For example, I have "Gamma Ray" artist, but first song was placed to Metallica albub, second song to Iron Maiden album and so on....
When I have uploaded the same album from VOX for Mac the songs was uploaded correctly.

Here is a link to one of such file (https://yadi.sk/d/W6q4rsw53LT9Te), but I can reproduce error on any of my files :)

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by VOX Developers on 31 Jul, 2017 04:00 PM

Hi there,
    Thanks for using our app!
    Can you provide few screenshots of that song uploaded to LOOP? Just uploaded. Album name is correct.

2. VOX Developers closed this discussion on 31 Jul, 2017 04:00 PM.

3. demas re-opened this discussion on 31 Jul, 2017 04:21 PM

4. 2 Posted by demas on 31 Jul, 2017 04:24 PM

Here is a screenshot.

Look: it have correct tags and LOOP see it (Gamma Ray in the header), but LOOP show this song in the Pearle Jam "Part 1" album.
    The same issue in iOS application.

I have the error with any of my files using web upload. Mac upload works correctly.

Try to load files to "not-empty" account - may be it helps to reproduce the error.

5. 3 Posted by voxloop on 31 Jul, 2017 07:27 PM

Hi Demas, I am just a user like yourself, but, I too have seen this behaviour; in fact I stopped using Vox and Loop last year because of this.

However, as I really wanted this type of service and Vox/Loop is unquestionably the best service, I was determined to get this working for me and returned with a plan of action.

I can tell you all my tracks are tagged 100% correct; I have revisited them all, all 26,000+ of them - and - I actually can reproduce exactly the issue you see, every time I wish to.

In my experience, if an Album Title already exists in Loop, tracks from another Album will get merged with it, regardless of Artist. Usually the merge is from any later Album to the first example of it. I see this via Web and Loop uploading.

I decided, as I want to have clearly defined Albums, to alter the Album titles to make them unique. One of the most obvious offenders is the 'Greatest Hits' album. So I now have for example 'Greatest Hits (Artist 1)' and 'Greatest Hits (Artist 2') and so on; this absolutely ensures individual Albums.

As and when Loop isn't affected by this; I can always revert them, but, for now everything is listed as it should be and Albums are correctly unique and not a merger of, in some cases, several artists together.

If I wanted to be a perfectionist I admit this workaround would bother me, but, as I'm not quite that level of perfectionist and my library is no longer mixed I can absolutely live with this, for however it takes to 'fix' it

Hope that helps

6. 4 Posted by demas on 31 Jul, 2017 07:52 PM

Hi,

Thank you for your answer. You have made a great job :)

Unfortunately, all my albums are collection which I have made for me and all of them have Album name like 'Part 1', 'Part 2'.

For me, Mac uploading works correctly if I'm using Mac application. But I very hope that developers fix this bug in web uploading.

7. 5 Posted by demas on 01 Aug, 2017 08:16 AM

voxloop, just want to ask:

>> I too have seen this behaviour; in fact I stopped using Vox and Loop last year because of this.

Have you created request on forum or bug tracker regarding this problem before?

8. 6 Posted by voxloop on 01 Aug, 2017 08:23 AM

Yeah, I did. Including samples etc

It was kind of a case of works for me, which is what you had above.

I had my Loop account at the time completely reset/wiped and tried again. Same result. I can easily reproduce. I even thought it may be related to Tagging, but, I spent many many hours/days re-tagging and checking everything and it makes no difference.

I'm not sure why it does it; only someone with knowledge of the code can answer - but - I do know my method of working around is 100% effective [at least in every case I have come across in my collection].

Example, I have Katie Melua 'Piece By Piece' and also Kelly Clarkson 'Piece By Piece' as two albums. Katie was uploaded first, so, when you upload Kelly her songs slip right into the same album as Katie. You have to make a distinction between the two and alter the Album title of at least one of them.

9. 7 Posted by demas on 01 Aug, 2017 08:29 AM

Thanks,

VOX Developers, it looks like a totally correct and full bug report:

"When we upload files using 'web upload' function, if an 'Album Title' already exists in Loop, tracks from another 'Album' will get merged with it, regardless of 'Artist'."

It will be very convinient for all of us if you fix it, because there are too many little bugs (and workarounds) which we have to consider when using the application.

10. Support Staff 8 Posted by VOX Developers on 01 Aug, 2017 04:05 PM

Demas,
    This bug was reproduced and logged to developers. It will be fixed soon. Meanwhile, (and in future too) I recommend uploading via drag-n-drop folders to LOOP tab in VOX player. The bug appears only while uploading from the web.

Thank you for your help!

11. Support Staff 9 Posted by VOX Developers on 01 Aug, 2017 04:12 PM

voxloop,
    I clearly remember troubles with Katie Melua in past and I'd like to apologize to you that bug was not detected then and fixed already. Now I see that it was the identical issue with tracks, added into the incorrect artist with the same album name.
    I hope you'll be glad to know that it's detected and will be fixed very soon.

Regards,
    Konstantine
    VOX team.

12. VOX Developers closed this discussion on 01 Aug, 2017 04:12 PM.

13. VOX Developers re-opened this discussion on 01 Aug, 2017 04:12 PM

14. 10 Posted by simonfincham on 01 Aug, 2017 04:19 PM

Thanks very much

15. Support Staff 11 Posted by VOX Developers on 02 Aug, 2017 02:07 PM

I am happy to inform you that bug is fixed now. I'm closing this ticket.
    Have a great day!

16. VOX Developers closed this discussion on 02 Aug, 2017 02:07 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

18 Aug, 2017 09:22 PM
18 Aug, 2017 11:54 AM
18 Aug, 2017 11:34 AM