VOX Preference pane - Free the Remote Volume buttons

Nacho

23 Apr, 2017 11:41 AM

I have installed the VOX Preference pane and use the Apple Remote to control VOX (Play/Pause; Previous/next track).

However the volume buttons in the Remote are changing VOX's volume and not the System Volume. I find this counter-intuitive (not consistent with the keyboard media keys, where Play/Pause and Previous/Next control VOX, but the volume keys control the System Volume).

I would like to have an option so the volume buttons on the remote control the System Volume (as happens by default), and not VOX volume (which I always keep near 100% and I never change, I just change the System Volume, affecting all audio coming out of my mac).

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by VOX Developers on 25 Apr, 2017 05:06 PM

Hey Nacho,
    Wellcome to VOX support forum.
    I'll attach this screenshot here. If you still have some questions - feel free to ask! :)

2. VOX Developers closed this discussion on 25 Apr, 2017 05:06 PM.

3. Nacho Erquiaga re-opened this discussion on 02 May, 2017 04:19 PM

4. 2 Posted by Nacho Erquiaga on 02 May, 2017 04:19 PM

Hi, thanks for getting back to me. However I think I did not make myself clear on the first message.

- My issue is related to the Apple Remote (last option in the screenshot you attached), not to the headphones controls.

- The Preference Pane is working fine, I know how to set it up and have checked all the options.

My issue is that the behaviour of the Apple Remote is different to that of the Keyboard Media Buttons (first option in the screenshot you attached), and I find this confusing. When using VOX Preference Pane:

· The Keyboard Media Buttons Play/Pause and Previous/Next control VOX, but the volume keys control the System Volume, affecting all audio coming out of my mac.
    · The Apple Remote Play/Pause and Previous/Next buttons control VOX, everything fine until here. The issue is that the volume buttons on the Apple Remote are changing VOX’s volume, and not the whole System Volume, as happens with the Keyboard Media Buttons.

I would like to have an option so the volume buttons on the Apple Remote control the System Volume (as happens by default).

Hope this makes it clear.

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by VOX Developers on 05 May, 2017 05:30 PM

Hi Nacho,
    It works as designed. In case if VOX is playing to not native DAC, but some external, or AirPlay - volume controls it's the only way to control playback volume

6. VOX Developers closed this discussion on 05 May, 2017 05:30 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac