Simplicity

Cor

06 Apr, 2017 03:51 PM

Hello VOX developers,

I am a recent Mac convert and I was searching for an oldschool Winamp replacement. I need a very simple, nice looking player, showing all the info in a nice overview.

My modus operandi is that I listen to albums. I don't use playlists. I use the Finder to locate the folder and load it into VOX via service. Sometimes I add another album to the playlist and reorder or remove some songs.

VOX is the number one choice for me at the moment. Rivals are either fugly, complicated or expensive or all above.

Still there are few things that frustrate me with VOX, some more some less... So below are my points in the order of importance.

- the queue/playlist/collection/play next design... I just cannot wrap my head around it. It is mind boggling. Very much opposite of simplicity as I view it. I would very very much appreciate the option to have only a simple playlist that I can reorder and manipulate any way I like. Just like the old Winamp (paragon of simplicity before they messed it up).
- I like the way Queue shows the songs: name in separate row and album name too ( in the playlist view, the song name is often truncated), but I miss the number of the song that is shown only in the playlist.
- 5% instead of 10% volume adjustment with keyboard shortcut. 10% is just too coarse.
- show volume bar without the need of the mouse over. (toggle option)
- way to show a large album art in the main window (toggle option)
- show the mute button. I use external soundcard Steinberg UR22 and it's driver disables any volume control via os. So I have no mute at all.
- show the name of the artist and album in the main window at the same time without display blinking

Please let me know what you think about my points.

Many thanks

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by VOX Developers on 06 Apr, 2017 04:27 PM

Hey Cor,
    Wellcome to VOX support forum.
    Huge thanks for your comments. They will be considered for future updates.
    Have a nice day/night!

2. VOX Developers closed this discussion on 06 Apr, 2017 04:27 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac