Vox is very slow to load & index iTunes library, and this happens on every launch

Hello,

I'm a new user - installed Vox (latest version from DMG) last night and played around with it. I do have comments and suggestions on the UI, but before submitting those, I have an issue that I need to bring up.

Every time I launch Vox app and go to "iTumes" tab for the first time, the message "Loading iTunes" with a progress bar shows up and I will have to wait for at least 6-8 minutes before I can see my library. I have 7k albums with 75k tracks - 99% of those are in Apple Lossless format (>2TB), and I stored them all on an external USB3 HDD.

Once the tracks are loaded after 6-8 minutes, I try to search for some artists/albums/songs to listen to from the search tab only to find that Vox is indexing the iTunes library. This indexing seems to take a lot longer than it does to load the library - it took more than 40 minutes this morning.

I totally understand that Vox needs to load and index the library for the first time, but does it need to happen on every launch? Aren't they cached after the first run? Is there any settings I missed that does that? Is there any way to skip or speed these steps up?

Vox doesn't have a iTunes-browser-like UI that lets you filter tracks by tag values, such as artist/album/genre/year - maybe this is intentional to keep it "simple"? I do believe in simplicity, too, but with the search feature unusable for 40 minutes, it is just frustrating.

I am in the process of uploading my entire iTunes library to Loop, but I still need to keep my library at iTunes because Vox doesn't come with (nor I don't expect) features such as tag editor, CD ripper (yes I still buy some), iTunes Music Store.

I'm using MBPr Mid 2015 with CPU and RAM maxed out, running macOS Sierra (10.12).

Best,

Brandon

Hi Brandon,
Wellcome onboard! :)

RE: "Is there any settings I missed that does that? Is there any way to skip or speed these steps up?"

Yes, there is such option in VOX preferences. (Screenshot attached) You can uncheck that checkbox and sync Your iTunes library manually from time to time (depending how often You are adding songs to Your iTunes.)

There will be built-in tag editor in LOOP. We are working on that currently.
Stay tuned!