Can`t add music from NAS

contact

15 Aug, 2016 08:47 PM

Hi,
I have a major part of my FLAC collection on my synology nas. When I drag and drop a folder from the nas to VOX it it being scanned - then nothing happens. When I copy it to my mac and try the same the files will start uploading…

Any ideas?

Best Philipp

1. 1 Posted by contact on 15 Aug, 2016 08:48 PM

this does not need to be private…

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by VOX Developers on 16 Aug, 2016 01:02 PM

HelloPhilipp,
    Thank You for reaching out.
    My name is Konstantine and I'll try to help You here.
    First of all, before uploading, Log out from LOOP and Log in again on all devices.
    We had tested upload mechanism with tons of NAS and DAS devices. all the time, upload speed was much slower than from a local drive. That's because external drives often have low spinning speed and also device's computing resources are limited. First of all, what I'd recommend You is move files to a local drive and upload from there, but if You haven't enough space and patience to do that - at least try to drag and drop to LOOP 5-10 albums at a time and wait till they will be uploaded completely. In this case, You'll see the most precise progress bar and never miss the tracks,which can't be uploaded for some reason (in rare cases file permissions can be insufficient).
    Also, If nothing happens after scanning, Your files most probably are already in the cloud, so they will not be uploaded again.
    Please let me know how it goes. If any questions/issues arise - do not hesitate to ask!

We're here and always glad to help,
    Konstantine, VOX Team

3. 3 Posted by contact on 20 Aug, 2016 06:47 PM

Hi,

seems the behaviour did not have anything in paticular to do with the nas but the sowftware on my Macbook Air. On my other Macs everything is working fine. On the MBA nothing is getting uploaded. I tried uninstalling website version, reinstalling app store version, sign out of loop, sign in to loop. No change. See the behaviour here:

http://philipp.d.pr/13Ymz/1AEDxpUN

Best Philipp

4. 4 Posted by contact on 20 Aug, 2016 09:22 PM

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by VOX Developers on 22 Aug, 2016 03:32 PM

Thank You for the information.
    Here is a bunch of instructions for You, please take them carefully:

1. Run this command in terminal: launchctl remove com.coppertino.VOXCloud
    2. Quit the VOX app and remove all VOX apps from Your local drive.
    3. Empty trash (important!)
    4. Unzip the file from attachment and launch it.
    5. Download latest version of VOX app from our website.
    6. Install it to "Applications" folder. (IMPORTANT! don't run it from the other folder)
    7. Launch the VOX app and go to Preferences-> Sources
    8. Enable the checkbox (screenshot attached)
    9. Make sure that NAS is mounted in Your system
    10. Open any music folder on Your desktop and double click the first file.(if You have not one on Your desktop, just copy few audio files to it and open one file)
    11. A big pop-up appears which will ask You to grant access to folders. Here You should allow access to the whole system. (It asked You once, but most probably You ignore that. That's why VOX can't have access to files on Your desktop and NAS)
    12. At this point everything should work fine, You can now disable checkbox in preferences if You want.

Let me know how it goes.

6. 6 Posted by Don Terpe on 27 Dec, 2017 06:23 AM

Up until about a week ago Vox had been uploading files from my MAC hard drive with no problem and keeping me updated on progress in the little progression window at the bottom of the VOX window. Now it won't upload most files either individually or from a folder when dragged and dropped. It indicates scanning and then either gets stuck in an uploading grinding with no time expiring on the clock or it simply quits and the progression window disappears. I have followed the above instructions to number 10, where the file opens in it's default app. No big pop-up appeared. One folder uploaded two of the eleven files and would not upload the rest. Most annoying is how there is no indication of what is happening.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac