Grant Access Doesn't allow me to specify disk

I'm on OS/X 10.10.5 running VOX 2600.62 on a late 2013 MacPro. Sandbox came up with a dialogue box asking me if I wanted to grant access to my whole file system. Since there is only a small internal SSD on this system I selected my primary external drive. However the option to choose the drive was greyed out. I then tried to select my whole computer. Again it was greyed out. I tried to select a folder on the external drive. The folder names were greyed out.

But it does seem to work ....

Hi d_moor,

Apple policy allows us to select only a particular drive or the entire system. That's why we've implemented it in such way.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

I still don't understand - can we or can we not select an external drive / Music Folder to sync with? I've tried and my music folder, and the external drive over all, are always greyed out. If it's impossible for now, fine, but please let us know, and when will this be changed??? thanks

Hey Brian. To perform this please click Cancel when you see not active folders and it will be reloaded with the correct ones.

euhm... so it appears no folder nor drive is able to be granted access but the download folder?
surely i must be doing smth wrong but i can't seem to comprehend why i don't understand how a high rated app should work, apparently i'm not alone so...
how do we use this app?

Hello Ibis,
High rated app can do nothing with Apple's sandbox and it's security.
It asks You once and all You need to do is click "Grant Access To Whole FIile System" and then "Grant Access" button
No need in switching folders and checking drives.
You need to pick a folder, only if You choose corresponding option ("Allow VOX play music from folders")
Simple and straightforward.