Create a library without iTunes

savage925

01 Feb, 2015 03:12 AM

I dont use itunes, However I like your player and would like to add my artist/albums to the Vox player. Is this possible? Thanks!

Showing page 3 out of 3. View the first page

1. 61 Posted by Anton Pearce on 26 Apr, 2017 02:28 PM

Is the local library ever going to be added to Vox? I've seen a tonne of threads asking for it for the last 5 years, so I'm guessing no?

Just to illustrate how frustrating that is for some of us, here's the scenario:

I have around 100GB of music on my laptop that I would like to add to a local library on vox. Loop is not an option as I'm in a rural area, so to upload all of that data would cost maybe $600, then streaming would be around $4 per album. So loop is of no use to anyone without unlimited data.

Everyone hates iTunes, I am extremely surprised that there's not superior alternative that plays flac files. It could be vox, just add a local library. It's such a gaping hole in its functionality, for users like me it's pretty useless without it.

Peace

2. 62 Posted by Sherman on 27 Apr, 2017 04:38 AM

Hey Vox team,

I'd really like your player to be an alternative to iTunes – I really don't like iTunes and am struggling to find another option... So importing my collection from iTunes is not an option, (besides, it houses 15+ years of garbage and missing files).

I will not pay for Loop, and do not need the storage or they syncing across devices.

I would like to be able to import many folders of albums, however. Are you ever going to make that possible? Possibly for an affordable, one-time license?

3. 63 Posted by Sherman on 27 Apr, 2017 04:43 AM

Dear Vox team,

I just spent 60 seconds more reading other comments and have come to the conclusion that you all don't give a F' about us unless we subscribe to Loop.

Not holding my breath...

4. 64 Posted by Almost a Vox us... on 28 May, 2017 07:35 AM

What a shame Vox hasn't truly listened to their customers desires in this thread that's been ongoing since 2015. The customers want a locally managed library (local/external hard drive) separate from iTunes... not "Loop". I'll stick with iTunes until Vox decides to listen. Vox has the potential to far overcome iTunes, but Vox just can't seem to come to that realization without "Loop". Loop is not what we're asking for.

5. 65 Posted by Strange app on 12 Jun, 2017 06:59 PM

I downloaded this app after some favorable reviews, but have spent the past 30 minutes trying to figure out exactly how to make it find my existing music library. Now that I've read some of the same issues and concerns from other users, I'll be deleted this app and looking at Clementine, NIghhtingale or similar. Sorry Vox

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac