Create a library without iTunes

savage925

01 Feb, 2015 03:12 AM

I dont use itunes, However I like your player and would like to add my artist/albums to the Vox player. Is this possible? Thanks!

Showing page 3 out of 3. View the first page

1. 61 Posted by Anton Pearce on 26 Apr, 2017 02:28 PM

Is the local library ever going to be added to Vox? I've seen a tonne of threads asking for it for the last 5 years, so I'm guessing no?

Just to illustrate how frustrating that is for some of us, here's the scenario:

I have around 100GB of music on my laptop that I would like to add to a local library on vox. Loop is not an option as I'm in a rural area, so to upload all of that data would cost maybe $600, then streaming would be around $4 per album. So loop is of no use to anyone without unlimited data.

Everyone hates iTunes, I am extremely surprised that there's not superior alternative that plays flac files. It could be vox, just add a local library. It's such a gaping hole in its functionality, for users like me it's pretty useless without it.

Peace

2. 62 Posted by Sherman on 27 Apr, 2017 04:38 AM

Hey Vox team,

I'd really like your player to be an alternative to iTunes – I really don't like iTunes and am struggling to find another option... So importing my collection from iTunes is not an option, (besides, it houses 15+ years of garbage and missing files).

I will not pay for Loop, and do not need the storage or they syncing across devices.

I would like to be able to import many folders of albums, however. Are you ever going to make that possible? Possibly for an affordable, one-time license?

3. 63 Posted by Sherman on 27 Apr, 2017 04:43 AM

Dear Vox team,

I just spent 60 seconds more reading other comments and have come to the conclusion that you all don't give a F' about us unless we subscribe to Loop.

Not holding my breath...

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac