VOX does not show all of my songs on iPhone 5

insomniak97

28 Jun, 2017 09:23 AM

Hey, I got an issue. VOX doesn't show all of my music that is on my iPhone. I don't use any Spotify, Loop, Apple Music or Soundcloud - only music transfered through iTunes. I have only m4a or sometimes mp3 files. I tried clear cache and reinstall app and every time there are some random songs that didn't load. What can I do? I really like layout of your app, that's why I'm using it, but if it doesn't stop I will have to back to standard ios player.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by VOX Developers on 28 Jun, 2017 09:45 AM

Hey there,
    Wellcome to VOX support forum.
    Can you tell how many gigs of music (approx) are you transferring to VOX via iTunes file sharing?
    iPhone 5 on iOS 10.3.2 is pretty slow... Open VOX after transferring files and leave it for a while. It might need up to few minutes to parse the whole library. Only after that, you are good to go!

2. VOX Developers closed this discussion on 28 Jun, 2017 09:45 AM.

3. insomniak97 re-opened this discussion on 28 Jun, 2017 10:31 AM

4. 2 Posted by insomniak97 on 28 Jun, 2017 10:31 AM

I have 54GB, but when loading is finished there are still songs that I have on phone but not in app.

Wysłane z iPhone'a

Dnia 28.06.2017 o godz. 11:45 VOX Developers <[email blocked]> napisał(a):

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by VOX Developers on 28 Jun, 2017 10:46 AM

RE: "I have on phone but not in app."
    Could you provide us with an example?

Please clarify, are you talking about iTunes sync or iTunes file sharing method.

http://support.coppertino.com/kb/vox-for-ios/howto-upload-music-to-...

6. 4 Posted by insomniak97 on 28 Jun, 2017 11:21 AM

iTunes sync by computer

Wysłane z iPhone'a

Dnia 28.06.2017 o godz. 12:46 VOX Developers <[email blocked]> napisał(a):

7. 5 Posted by insomniak97 on 28 Jun, 2017 11:45 PM

Today, I delete some albums on through my phone and suddenly another song disappeared. I don't know what's going on with this app… I got ~900 MB free space

Wysłane z iPhone'a

Dnia 28.06.2017 o godz. 12:46 VOX Developers <[email blocked]> napisał(a):

8. Support Staff 6 Posted by VOX Developers on 29 Jun, 2017 02:22 PM

RE: "I have on phone but not in app."
    Could you provide us with an example? Please attach some screenshots showing the issue.
    Do we need to know how you determine that something is missing? Are you using search or scrolling through the list? Please note that 54gb needs to be indexed after parking, and it needs much more time after syncing with iTunes. Try to find missing album manually and let me know how it goes.

9. 7 Posted by insomniak97 on 29 Jun, 2017 02:56 PM

Yesterday, eg. I deleted 4 Korn's albums from my iPhone and then when I opened VOX a-ha also disappeared even if I still have had it on my phone. Another example I've waited for a few minutes for library to be scanned (I knew it because when it loading music there is an animation on "library" title) some songs weren't found. Then I reinstalled app once again, and that songs were Ok but I had to do it for a few times to have every song on app. (Still I don't know if every song is in VOX because I have ~6k songs and I won't be checking if every single track is in app. These issues I found by an accident when I wantend to play that song and Then I didin't find it. I don't know how to explain it better, if there is a way to check how many songs have been loaded Then I can send you some screenshot, otherwise I can't because I don't know which song/album/artist are gonna disapeared next Time. Maybe I have not enough free space on phone, because when I had only ~300 I had more songs that disappeared than today that I have ~900. I don't know. If you know how to help me, please. Really don't know what's happening. In Apple Music App nothing like this never happened.

Wysłane z iPhone'a

Dnia 29.06.2017 o godz. 16:22 VOX Developers <[email blocked]> napisał(a):

10. Support Staff 8 Posted by VOX Developers on 29 Jun, 2017 03:58 PM

Thank you for the info. Puzzling...

RE: "I deleted 4 Korn's albums from my iPhone and then when I opened VOX a-ha also disappeared even if I still have had it on my phone"
    What exactly disappeared? Some tracks, all tracks of 'a-ha"; the album, artist? It's really important. Were you searching it via search or looking manually in Library tab?

RE:"some songs weren't found."
    There weren't found in the search or you just open some album and there were few songs missing, or whole album/artist was missing? Such details can help us to investigate this.

RE:"if there is a way to check how many songs have been loaded Then I can send you some screenshot"
    Actually, there is a way, but not the whole library. You can open an artist in "Artist View", scroll down to the bottom and there is a track count of that artist.
    You can do next: Next time you see that some song is missing, first of all, open its album and look for it manually instead of using search. Then check same track in native Music app and also check the track count of that artist.

Looking forward to your reply!

11. 9 Posted by insomniak97 on 29 Jun, 2017 04:14 PM

And again…
    Another song didn't load into VOX.
    Won't Get Fooled Again by The Who
    In Apple Music App it is but in VOX not.
    Library was loading for a few minutes and finished.

Another example in Apple Music app I have 118 songs on playlist but in VOX 11 is missing.

Wysłane z iPhone'a

Dnia 29.06.2017 o godz. 16:22 VOX Developers <[email blocked]> napisał(a):

12. 10 Posted by insomniak97 on 29 Jun, 2017 07:53 PM

I tried everything you wrote but it didn't work.

Wysłane z iPhone'a

Dnia 29.06.2017 o godz. 17:58 VOX Developers <[email blocked]> napisał(a):

13. Support Staff 11 Posted by VOX Developers on 30 Jun, 2017 03:23 PM

Are you using iTunes Match service?

14. 12 Posted by insomniak97 on 30 Jun, 2017 04:43 PM

No, just audio files transfered from my computer.

Wysłane z iPhone'a

Dnia 30.06.2017 o godz. 17:23 VOX Developers <[email blocked]> napisał(a):

15. 13 Posted by insomniak97 on 02 Jul, 2017 11:17 AM

Is there any way to manually refresh the library?

Wysłane z iPhone'a

Dnia 30.06.2017 o godz. 17:23 VOX Developers <[email blocked]> napisał(a):

16. Support Staff 14 Posted by VOX Developers on 04 Jul, 2017 03:34 PM

Hello,
    There are no other ways. Unfortunately, we are unable to reproduce such behavior here on iPhone 5, but we are continuing investigation. Please let us know if it's solved after next update.
    We are very sorry for the troubles you are experiencing.

17. 15 Posted by insomniak97 on 04 Jul, 2017 04:50 PM

Ok, Maybe it's because of iPhone 5 and older. There are 3 options (in my opinion) why: Old phone, I got too much music or I got not enough free space I have

Wysłane z iPhone'a

Dnia 04.07.2017 o godz. 17:34 VOX Developers <[email blocked]> napisał(a):

18. Support Staff 16 Posted by VOX Developers on 05 Jul, 2017 02:40 PM

Most probably library size matters on old devices. Try to erase all music, check if it dissapeared in VOX and add half of it for example.

19. 17 Posted by insomniak97 on 29 Jul, 2017 04:32 PM

I've tried a few times but it doesn't work. It's really weird, 'cause any other music player from appstore works fine. :/

20. 18 Posted by Fabio on 04 Aug, 2017 12:01 AM

Hi, I have a similar issue: I have uploaded (quite a lot) of music on the Loop service, on my mac. In VOX for Mac application, in the loop library, I can see things that I can't see in the library section on my iPhone.
    I have waited quite a while...

21. Support Staff 19 Posted by VOX Developers on 04 Aug, 2017 11:01 AM

Hello Fabio,
    Please specify your OS and iPhone version.
    Have you tried reinstalling VOX?
    Problem described above concerns different sources of music. In your case music is uploaded to the cloud, unlike files stored on the phone locally, described here.
    Please provide more info. Thank you!

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

21 Sep, 2017 09:57 AM
20 Sep, 2017 01:17 PM
18 Sep, 2017 08:38 PM