All tracks gone

kaivallha

21 Apr, 2017 05:56 AM

Opened VOX and all my songs are gone. Most of my playlists are listed, but they are now empty. Any ideas?

Thanks, Dave

1. 1 Posted by soundguy on 21 Apr, 2017 07:46 AM

Dave, first, please make sure that visibility filters are not engaged; You can find them in Library, "tree dot" button in top right corner. Also if it's iTunes sync music, please make sure that all required tracks are physically available on device, not cloud items. VOX cannot play cloud items because of Apple restriction. Please share results here.

2. 2 Posted by kaivallha on 21 Apr, 2017 05:50 PM

Checked filters–all seem ok. When I open Loop a few of the tracks are there, but most that I had loaded on my iPhone are still gone, even though the playlists that I had put them in are still listed. They had been on my phone for quite a while, then suddenly gone.

On Friday, April 21, 2017 12:46 AM, soundguy <[email blocked]> wrote:

#yiv2261614229 pre {width:92%;margin:10px 2%;padding:5px 2%;background:#efefef;border:1px solid #d6d6d6;}#yiv2261614229 blockquote {margin-left:0;padding-left:1em;border-left:5px solid #ccc;}

3. 3 Posted by soundguy on 21 Apr, 2017 07:39 PM

Ah... So You are talking about music from Loop? There are no playlists in Loop. Sorry but I don't understand the problem now. Please describe how You've put Your files in VOX.

4. 4 Posted by kaivallha on 21 Apr, 2017 09:54 PM

I dragged and dropped the files from computer into VOX on computer, then uploaded to Loop, then downloaded to iPhone from Loop.

Sent from my iPhone

5. 5 Posted by kaivallha on 21 Apr, 2017 09:54 PM

This worked for a long time, then they were suddenly gone

Sent from my iPhone

6. 6 Posted by soundguy on 22 Apr, 2017 05:14 AM

I see.. Please Re-login in Loop on iOS. To logout goto Settings and tap on Your Loop account name.

7. 7 Posted by kaivallha on 23 Apr, 2017 09:49 PM

Ok tried that. Most all of the tracks I previously downloaded to my phone are still missing.

On Friday, April 21, 2017 10:14 PM, soundguy <[email blocked]> wrote:

#yiv7516860352 pre {width:92%;margin:10px 2%;padding:5px 2%;background:#efefef;border:1px solid #d6d6d6;}#yiv7516860352 blockquote {margin-left:0;padding-left:1em;border-left:5px solid #ccc;}

8. 8 Posted by soundguy on 24 Apr, 2017 08:58 AM

Have You downloaded them from Loop? Or, what do You mean by, "downloading"?

9. 9 Posted by soundguy on 24 Apr, 2017 09:00 AM

I think I see now.. Downloads are dismissed once You log out from Loop for security reasons. Please use cheap and fast connection and download albums You need again.

10. 10 Posted by kaivallha on 24 Apr, 2017 11:54 PM

Am I going to have to re-sort and re-download to my phone each time I log out from Loop?

Sent from my iPhone

11. 11 Posted by soundguy on 25 Apr, 2017 10:33 AM

Actually, You should not log out from Loop at all. But once You did - yes, downloads should be done again. Otherwise it would be a mess.

That's interesting question, we thought much about what should be done with downloaded music in case of logout from Loop. Imagine if Your mail was still accessible when You logged out from Your e-mail.

12. 12 Posted by kaivallha on 28 Apr, 2017 06:09 AM

Hmm. I don't understand the logic here. On iTunes when I download tracks to my phone they stay there, even if I log out of iTunes store. Why would it be different for downloading through Vox onto my iPhone? What is the point of putting music on my phone from Vox if it's going to disappear each time I log out of Loop? 
    I live in an area of very inconsistent cell coverage, so if I want to listen to music out of cell range I need it on my phone. I spent a lot of time sorting and organizing all that music, and it's frustrating to have to go through that again, just to have it disappear the next time!

On Tuesday, April 25, 2017 3:33 AM, soundguy <[email blocked]> wrote:

#yiv6113624873 pre {width:92%;margin:10px 2%;padding:5px 2%;background:#efefef;border:1px solid #d6d6d6;}#yiv6113624873 blockquote {margin-left:0;padding-left:1em;border-left:5px solid #ccc;}

13. 13 Posted by soundguy on 28 Apr, 2017 10:09 AM

We will take to attention Your reasoning and will possibly re-visit this strategy in the future.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac