Album Playback / Queue

The current App Store version seems to have the following problem: if the Library view is sorted by 'Artists', it's impossible to just play an individual album in an intuitive manner.

If I select the 'three dots' option menu next to the album name, the action-sheet dialog brings up the menu as per screenshot:
- "Play Next" (which seems to insert the album content into the queue immediately after the track currently loaded/last played track, and any other content in the queue - which may be a lot of other tracks)
- "Add to Queue" (which appends the content of the album to the end of the current playlist)
- "Add to Collection"
- "Download"

What I'm looking for (and perhaps simply missed) is being able to tap for example on the row above all these options (the one with album image/name/artist name) and have that completely clear the current list, and simply play the album from start to finish, without queuing any other tracks from that artist; or alternatively, have another row above 'Play Next' that would simply say 'Play' and provide the behaviour I described in the previous sentence.

Currently to do this I need to manually clear the queue, go to album, tap 'play next', go back into the queue and select the first track of the album I want, so that the last-played track doesn't start instead. From a user experience perspective this can get very frustrating, especially with high usage.

I put this in support because this may be a bug or I may have just missed the right menu option, but apologies if this is in the wrong category.

Cheers,

Alexei

Hi Alexei,
Thanks for reaching out to us.
We were completely redesigning the interface few versions ago. We wanted to remove all redundant menu options. Probably it was removed together with "Play" option in Album view. Anyway, I agree with You, that option should be available in Artist view, so you can pick only one album, without adding to queue a bunch of albums.
The task is logged to developers.
Thanks for helping us to make VOX better!
Have a nice day!

Thanks for the prompt response :) Looking forward to the updated version!

SOLVED