VOX for iPhone gapless playback

Hello there,

VOX for iOS is not capable of gapless playback as it is with VOX for MAC.

Could you please also add this feature to the iOS version? I would be very glad to hear my mixed compilations in my phone without any silent gaps between the tracks.

Thank you in advance for your response.

Implexus, thank You for Your feedback.

Vox for iPhone Works the same way as desktop one in regards of gapless playback.
Please make sure You have latest version, also, gaps might still happen if Your tracks have different sample rate (in this case turn off the "sync sample rate" option), or have pauses recorded in them. MP3 files are also not really compatible with gapless audio so may introduce gaps out of nowhere. Use more robust format.

Let me know if You will still have any issues.

Discussion was added to Old Pending queue

Hi there,

thanks for your prompt response.

The files are FLAC 16-bit 44.1kHz, all having the same bit rate, etc. (it's mixed compilation so the tracks are simply split without any gaps). The issue only occurs when I play the music via connected bluetooth speaker and the "Sync Sample Rate" option turned on. When turn it off it can play without any gaps between the tracks.

Ok, looks like it's because it tries to check if sample rates are equal at each track start. There is always a trade-off between gapless playback and staying to the SR of a file for an output device. SR switching takes some time.

But "Sync Sample Rate" feature has no benefits on Bluetooth Audio anyway, so You can simply disable it when on this device.

Please don't hesitate to get in touch should You need any help or request with Vox!

Thanks for your help, maybe it would be fine to disable "sync sample rate" option while playing through the bluetooth speaker in the future versions of VOX.

Thank You for proposal!

The discussion has been closed.