Advice on migrating from iTunes to VOX

I'm one of the many people who are fed up with iTunes since it became confusing and iCloud storage made organising libraries difficult. I've got most of my music in an iTunes folder in an external drive and iCloud has driven me made since it seems to be fickle about whether or not tracks are stored in my external drive or only in the Cloud. I want to migrate everything to VOX and then store a copy in Loop but I can't work out whether or not VOX actually creates a music folder with a physical copy of music files or just a link to the file in iTunes or elsewhere. I want one location for all my music stored in an external drive backed up to Loop. If I've missed a help file apologies but I've had a good look and can't see anything.

Many thanks in anticipation

Hey there,
Thank you for using our app!
Answer on Your question is - YES! LOOP saves a copy of Your files in the cloud (NOT links to your files) and every time when You want to listen something - Vox downloads it from LOOP and plays it for You. Thats how it works.
If You have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

I'm not sure if that covers my question as that would depend on always having an internet connection. I want to store the music in an external file that VOX can work with with or without LOOP. Sometimes we are on the road and I don't have connectivity yet want to listen to my music from an external drive. At the moment my music collection is in iTunes and the constant updates have left it messy with the music split between the cloud and iTunes library. I want to move from that scenario to all my music on external drive with a back up in LOOP. Or am I misunderstanding how VOX works?

Hi,
"Watch Folder" option might be solution for You. It monitors the folder You selected, and automatically uploads new tracks to LOOP (like dropbox). You can have Your library on Your NAS and fresh copy of it in the LOOP. But be aware that watch folder function works only one way. From Folder to LOOP. If You'll delete some files from NAS - they will stay in LOOP. P.S. If You have a large media library,You should drag-n-drop it first time to LOOP. When all tracks uploaded - You can Select same folder as "Watch Folder" for further uploads.
Tell me If You need any further help!

SOLVED