VOX for iOS output quality

Hi there, I just installed VOX on my Mac as well as on my iPhone and uploaded first album in 24/96 FLAC. I am using Philips Fidelio ML2 headphones wired via a Lightning connector. These cans can handle 24/96 and have their own in-built DAC to maximise quality, although I recently learned that Lightning can only max out at 24/48... if so, there is no point to upload files in anything bigger than 24/48. Can you please clarify the maximum quality for Lightning connected wired headphones? Thanks, Tomas

Tomas, thank You for Your question.

It's not the Lightning that is limited to 16/48, it's iPhone/iPad output device that has this limitation.

We've been receiving complaints that many Lightning headphones have this limitation, too, when connected to iPhone, despite higher rates possible when connected to mac. This could be some hardware or firmware problem, or intentional limitation.

I use Apogee Diet USB and when "Sync Sample Rate@ is on I can play 192K files to this device without sample rate conversion.

Can You connect Your headphones to mac, play Your hi-res file using VOX for mac and see the actual output sample rate in Audio Midi Setup? Don't forget to have "Sync Sample Rate" also ON!

Hi, thnx for that

One more question - which audio systems from Sony or Pioneer support VOX? I have not found any such info on neither Sony ´s nor Pioneer ´s page

Thnx

Tomas

it's iOS that has to support audio output devices, not VOX. If device is supported by iPhone and standard music app plays to it - so should VOX. But, given that, we didn't check any Sony or Pioneer device for Sample Rates supported & switchable by iOS so be careful with this.

Hey - thanx for prompt reply, though apparently I phrased the question wrongly. I was not referring to iOS at all... my question is which audio systems, such as receivers or wireless speakers, provide streaming from VOX sound cloud? This could be pretty awesome...

Tomas

You mean, Loop? Because Sound Cloud is not our service. So far there is no hardware solution that supports Loop, but this may change in the future.