Searching for artists

When I want to play something from my music library, I usually want to listen to a specific artist or album. Scrolling down to an artist and selecting them works well. I can shuffle everything by that artist or listen to an album—great! However, if the artist is pretty far down the list (alphabetically), there's not a way to get to them quickly, so I perform a search.

When you search for an artist, the "Tracks & Artists" tab doesn't help. The song titles are emphasized, but there's no way to select the artist. It seems like if I search for "zappa," I should be able to select the "Frank Zappa" Artist and see all of his albums (much like the way the Albums tab works in search: only show albums that have the word "zappa" in them).

Thank You for Your kind tips for Vox.

If You are talking about Vox for iPhone - there is simple way to navigate long Libraries of artists or albums. When in library view, touch the right edge of the screen, You will see vertical alphabetic line of letters. Move Your finger over it and You will be suggested a letter to scroll to. Very easy and fast regardless of the Lib size.

Does this help/answer Your concern?

Holy cow! I had no idea that was there. Very cool. That does help, but it doesn't solve the searching issue specifically.

We are working on improving searching functions in Vox-iOS currently.

Old Conversation.Solved